Wednesday, October 3, 2007

W A R N I N G

This post is not for the faint-of-heart. If you think I am an angel STOP READING. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Still there? Don't say I didn't warn you.


This semester I've been taking Business Communications and Marketing. I hate marketing most of all, but the other day we had a quiz in my communication class. Here is one of the questions:

Which of the following methods is appropriate for conflict resolution?

I only remember 2 of the options at the moment but that will do.
1. Assume responsibility for members' respect and behavior.
2. Lighten a tense moment with a compliment or humor.

well making a joke or a false compliment in the middle of a tense moment is just stupid, and it pisses people off.

or does it?

I selected #1...take responsibility, learn from it, move on. Apparently, I was WRONG!!!

Seriously, WHO uses humor in a tense business situation? WHO?! Someone who wants to a knuckle sandwich, that's who! I can see this tactic working among friends or family...but not in a business situation.

So I told my friend OJai and this is the conversation we had after I vented to her.

OJai: ooooo nice...but how will we get to LAX on tues? you will be at work?
Cimblog:
Well, I'd be willing to do it...for you....ANYTHING
OJai:
woooooooooooooooooooooooo! p.s. your hair looks really nice today.
Cimblog:
Dammit, that just pisses me off you know! heeeee
OJai:
hahahahaha. ok ok ok...a man walks into a bar...
Cimblog: Listen HERE!

















Okay, so it's not exactly appropriate, but it suuuuuuuuure is FUNNY!

pfffftttt...thanks a lot communication class...you made me get a B on my quiz.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

hehe...you said "dammit" and "piss" AND you posted a picture of a kid flipping someone off! you are so busted. and btw...i LOVE false compliments and humor in tense situations! it just seems to smooth everything over so well. while you're at it, why don't you try some sarcasm and arm pit farts just for kicks? hehe...i said "farts"! :)

Cimblog (tm) said...

Well, don't say I didn't warn you. Try it with Donnie.

[donnie yelling] "Donnie, your hair sure looks nice"

Humor AND a compliment all in ONE