Tuesday, September 18, 2007

ADD Moments...

This is a story from my good friend OJai. When we talk about ADD moments we describe them as "Look! A bird!" So, with that, I pass along this brilliant story....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a true story.

So I'm in a meeting with all the GSU leadership team this morning (that is most of the upper management, including me). We have just reached my items on the agenda so I start in with my spiel about effective vs. ineffective use of the Girl Scouts brand and why we need to update our logo and its uses. As I am passing out copies of a page from the GS of USA style guide, I happen to glance out the window. It went something like this...

Me: "So the major concern that GSUSA has about individual council logotypes is--hey!--hey, there's a peacock in the parking lot!!"

Seriously! There was a PEACOCK! Strolling casually through our parking lot!!

A PEACOCK, people! In the parking lot of an office park on 4500 South! (Apparently it lives next door.)

Me: [amidst hilarious laughter of leadership team] "Well. Um. Sorry, but that is not something I see every day. Anyhoo...back to service mark personalization issues..."

They found it doubly hilarious when I told them that "Look! A bird!" is my standard for describing all ADD-related distractions.

Best. ADD moment. Ever.
~~~~~~~~~~~

And on a related note, I sent her back this story.

You know...in my hometown one day, I was driving down MAIN STREET and a peacock sauntered into the street in front of me. So I stopped and waited....and waited...and waited...while it just stood there and looked at me.

Peacock: [blink blink]
cim: [blink blink] "shooo"

No comments: