Friday, September 14, 2007

You say Beagle, I say Bagel

So I (very UNsuccessfully) belong to an internet dating site. I bought a lifetime membership which turned out to be a pretty decent investment since...well...you finish that (and BE NICE!).

Some of the profiles are hilarious and I don't think it's on purpose. One guy sent me his profile and under the "Perfect Day" section he said something like, "My perfect day would be waking up with the one I love, sitting reading the newspaper and having a cream cheese beagle."

Me: [blink, blink]

So, I responded...

Subject: A little help...
...not to be rude, but I'm wondering how your BEAGLE enjoys being slathered with cream cheese in the morning? I mean, if HE'S okay with it, I suppose I'm okay with it, but isn't he a little squirmy? Is there a lot of cleaning involved in the beagle cheesing? Have you tried branching out and tried, maybe, cream cheese Labradors or Poodles?

...but really, thanks for the profile and chuckle...

(bagel)



4 comments:

Steph! said...

I am laughing...laughing...laughing! You crack me up!

Tammy said...

poor guy! that's totally something i would do! btw...a LIFETIME membership...seriously? is it transferable...like to your kids? :)

Cimblog (tm) said...

er...WHAT kids?!

Tammy said...

um...i guess i was assuming that the membership would pay off and that you would end up with a kid or two that would need the membership in the next 20 years or so and you could transfer your membership to them since you would no longer needed it at that point. that's a safe assumption. it could happen.