Thursday, September 13, 2007

Woopsy-Daisy

This morning, on the way to the doctor, an accident happened right in front of me at the intersection of Buena Vista and Empire. A lady ran a red light and slammed into another car. In her defense, there was a big truck in front of her that got into the left turn lane right before the light, so I don't think she actually saw that it was red...but also? I think she wasn't paying attention. She was driving a light green Prius and she slammed right into a white Corolla and spun him around. I was hollering at her as she was driving through the red light "stoooooop, you're gonna hit that whiiiiiii......[thunk]" [shakes head]

I got on my cell and called 911, then I thought to myself
1. no one ever answers 911,
2. this isn't a CHP problem

So I hung up and dialed Burbank PD and told them what had happened and added at the end, "The green Prius ran the red light." heeeee.... poor lady.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody ever answers 911?!??!?

I see a potential problem there.

Cimblog (tm) said...

Yeah, I've called 911 on numerous occasions (don't ask!) and every time...and I mean EVERY TIME, I've been on hold for a good long time. Long enough for people to DIE anyway! Well, except in Utah...they answered 911 right speedy! Maybe I'll try other states!