Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Oh, hi there...

Welcome to my new blog. This is much easier than trying to hand-code everything like before. Eventually I'll go back to my old blog, but for now, let's just have a seat here and rest. I can use it. It's been a rough year.

Let's discuss, shall we? You see, it all started about 10 months ago. Yes T E N M O N T H S ago. In November of last year I started to feel bad, like I was having kidney problems. In December I was in the hospital for, you guessed it, kidney problems. I had kidney stones for the better part of 5 months missing a lot of work and being in the hospital a whole lot! It was horrible, and just about the time I felt like I was better, WHAMO...smackdown to the hospital. Good times.

When I was finally feeling better I got a letter from the emergency department of the hospital. The letter stated that on my last CT Scan they had found a "pelvic mass" and I should have it checked "right away" and that if I didn't have a gynecologist then enclosed was a referral....to....the...woman's...cancer...center. [thunk]

I came-to three days later with my cat licking my face to try to wake me up and my roomba bumping against my head*. When I gained composure enough, I made the appointment and, trembling, went to the doctor. I'm going to cut to the chase here, I had 7 fibroids which needed to come out. That left me with 2 options; go in and take them knowing that once you make a fibroid your chances to make them again is better than 50%...or to have a hysterectomy. I opted for the hysterectomy because I have enough things wrong with my innards that I might as well just remove the ones I'm not using and have little hope of using any time soon.

So, I had the surgery on 7/30/2007 and it was worse than they thought. The doctor came out to talk to my family and used words like "mess" and "cemented" which...last time I checked you didn't want those words thrown around about your innards; I'm just sayin'. About 2 weeks after the surgery I had 5 (yes you heard me right) kidney stones, two of which landed me back at the hospital. *Sheesh*

It's been about 5 weeks and I just got back to work yesterday. I'd been working part time from home for 2 weeks prior, so that was a nice diversion. So, on to normal life, I say!

*Um, I don't own a roomba, nor was I on the floor for 3 days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cim,

Your innards make me sad.
Your innards make me mad.
Your innards are without a doubt
wholly and irredeemably bad!

God and I even had an argument about your innards.

jai said...

Hypothetical Roomba notwithstanding...There is NO WAY ON EARTH your cats would leave you alone (let alone unconscious) for 3 days. After about 20 minutes, Beebo would be wrapped around your feet, Roo would be gimping along your body trying to squeeze under your right armpit, and there would be at least 5-6 tiny stray kittens (drawn by that weird cosmic signal you give out) romping all over your face.

jai said...

P.S. Elisa writes excellent poetry. She also does not have nearly enough to do at work.